Friday, May 15, 2009

Project 050309

It took me about a week to compose it unto a full track. And then it took me another week just to fix the compressions, mastering, etc. Sorta annoying fixing the sound quality than the creative process of it. Hey man I ain't no sound engineer. I just wanna make music. But it's done, one thing for sure I'm gonna be needing some racks to get better sound quality. My speaker monitors also needed an upgrade, maybe a couple of KRKs would work. I will eventually save up for that. Just few more projects and I am good to go. This track is partly done using the MPC 1000, the samples are from my MicroKorg, MicroX, and Virtual Synths. The only sample from a record are of Asha Puthli and it's only a small portion of her vocals. It's been tweaked to make it sound different from the original track. My MPC 1000 lack memories so I had to use Logic Pro to complete the sequencing. I know, I had the damn MPC 1000 for hella long time. Since 2007 I think? Anyway, I still have a lot of catching up to do. Like loading up new drum kits.

It sounds better using speaker monitors than a laptop built in speakers. So speaker monitors are recommended. I still have no title for this track, and it is about someone. My brother says it's sounds like a weird television theme song from the 80's or the late 70's. And then started to bobbed his head.

No comments:

Post a Comment