Saturday, August 15, 2009

Family Stereo System

1stereo system
We had this back in 1988. I used to scratch to the spinner on this stereo system when I was 14, with no mixer. We have fun memories with this stereo system man. Now it's in the list for a garage sale. Still works good. It has CD player and everything. Our first CDs were Faster Pussy Cat, Fine Young Cannibals, Madona, and Michael Jackson's Bad Album. My grandfather were the one who ordered our first CDs. I was like damn grandpa where did you get these? He says it was some free or a bargain ad from Reader's Digest Magazine. Fine Young Cannibals has some cool ass beat man. My siblings and little cousins used to dance to Michael Jackson music - We gottem on videos but I don't think they'll be happy if I post them in Youtube. Faster Pussy Cat somehow lead me to heavy metals back in my freshman year of high school, and then to Mitallica, Pantera, and then to the more classic heavy metal like Iron Maiden. Specially Iron Maiden's Iconic Character named Eddie. He was a cool character to draw back in the late 80's.

2dubbing decks
The Dubbing Deck. This is where all my mixtaped magic happened. I did mixtaped to impressed some girls and for driving to school and work. I still like the clicking, rewinding and forwarding sound to it. I understand things are more digital now, and so easy to just load up mp3 files to an iPod. My bro says "It's time to move on man, things are a lot more compact and advance now." I was like "Whaaaat? ...your telling me about what's new?" To me analogs are just more authentic. And vintage designs are in, and always. Don't get me wrong now, because I do like things that are new too. It's about the memory man. Memory is the soul...

3first recording limiter
My first Recording Limiter.

4turntable
Speaking of moving forward, I am keeping the Spinner from the Stereo System. So alright, the sound volume may not work well without the amplifier - but I still gonna keep it. One thing that I know of, the design are now being used.

No comments:

Post a Comment