Thursday, August 6, 2009

Storage

First of all I am not superstitious, I believe in facts and scientific reasons for most things. Do I believe in God? Sure I do. I actually grew up in a strong Catholic background and baptized as a born again Christian. I wouldn't say I am a backslider either, I just keep it real and be a human being. Hoping I am excepted the way I am created. There were points in my life questioning my faith but then later down the road, it makes a lot of sense. Not just Christian wise but what I learned from other beliefs and philosophies. Now, what in the hell is this has to do with storage? Well, a few things. Maybe more. But things are somehow working on it's own as if something is arranging things around. Some I thought it's not going the way I want it. But then, I paused about what I want and think outside of my own box, and realized it's actually better. Not just for me but everyone.

01_microxlist.jpg
Few days back, right before I was almost done listing all my favorite patches of drum kits, vocals, modulations, drum patterns, and etc., from my Micro-X synthesizer. I planned to buy a binder and some plastic covers for the prints. Took me awhile to list the best once because there were over a thousand patches, and not only that, I listened to every each of them. I actually experiment and jam to almost every each patches, both straight from the keys and the knobs, and hooking it to my MPC midis. My feet were even sore standing in front of the keyboard from jamming. Anyway, about the plastic cover sheets, I went to Walgreens to buy some but they only had binders and not the plastic sheet covers. So I went to the storage room in the backyard and look for some. I used to collect a bunch of graphics from magazines, rip the pages off, and place them in plastic sheet covers all clipped up in binders. I used them for a reference doing graphic arts or getting ideas from. Some were old so I threw them away and use what is needed.

02_recipe_02
As I was looking through the binders, I also found this Recipe Binder which I was planning in keeping it handy. I've been obsessed writing recipes lately. It could be a survival mode thing.

03_black&decker_02
And I also found this Black & Decker Booklet.

04_twilight2000_02
I even forgot I had this. I don't play this. But I did kept it for a reference in making characters, perhaps for the video gaming industry. I didn't really had the time to work on that portfolio then. But now I'm gonna keep this handy as well.

05_comic01_02
Old comic strips I was working on back in 1996 but never finished. I was trying to get that same essence of Frank Miller's style for his Comic or Graphic Novel "Sin City".

06_comic02_02
Here's another page. I probably wouldn't work on a Comic or Graphic Novel down the road. Maybe some illustrations using a Digital Sketch Pad, which is much cleaner for me to work on later. Right now there are way too much shit to be focused on to that.

07_storage_02
Specially now, for economic advantages, my little bro (Venus) and his lady Elsie are moving back to the house. Venus has some expensive fancy looking appliances and the dude rented a storage room for them. And I know we had to get rid of few things from the house in order to make room for their things. There are few things in the backyard I can live without, like the backyard gym - for now I rather go biking around the hood and do push ups in my room. And few things I can live without in the storage like my old macintosh, now collectible item. But really I just wanted to use the old macintosh to write stories and journals with no worries of being hacked or spied on while working on them. Beside we might need some of them fancy appliances in the backyard for cutting meat or for oysters and beers. The other two roommates moved near by The Great Mall where they work.

08_playground_02
It's not a toy, as playful like this playground here, right in front of Venus' and Elsie's apartment. I kept some of my things for later needs. Like my art supplies, specially my easel maaan. I might need that when I'm like 80 years old for painting a nude lady. Actually, you never know when you need some of the things you stored in the closets. You never know when little kids pop out of no where and you had to pass on what my little sister and bro had when they were little. It's just me, I know what it's like having less. In the other hand, since there just there, mind as well sell them or donate them to who ever needs them more than we do at the moment. I tend to like my area clean too, but then I also know about preservation.

09_venuselsieapartment_02
This here is their apartment. I say they can save more staying at the house if they want to get a bigger house later. Daamn man, it's gonna be some work again trying to separate my own things from the storage. I don't have a lot. I'm just concerned where to place my own things.

10_curry goat_02
All these things going on, specially since the place I applied as a mobile patrol man haven't called yet, makes me wanna cook something. Here is what I recently cooked - It's Curry Goat. Perhaps I have better chances elsewhere as a security guard aside being a mobile patrol man anyway.

The Ingredients:

*Around 8 pounds - Goat Ribs / Back Bones / Some Meat (remove the fat)
*1/8 Cup - Curry Powder
*2 Tsp - Ground Pepper
*10 Cloves - Garlic (minced)
*1 Whole - Onions (diced)
*10 Thin - Carrots (chopped unto 3)
*6 - Bay Leafs
*1 Can - Coconut Milk
*6 Glass - Water (or more, eyeball it)
*5 - Ripe Tomatoes
*1/8 Cup - Fish Sauce (or go for the taste)
*1 Tbsp - Oil

Procedures:

Cut the meat and bones - remove the fat - use a mallet to hammer the meat cleaver to cut through bones. Minced the garlic, cubed the onions - drop that to the cooking pot with a little bit of oil. Add in the meat, a little bit of ground pepper, and bay leafs - let it fry a little, place the lid. Add in some fish sauce, and curry powder. Wait for that to cook a little bit, and then add in coconut milk and water. Make sure to add lots of water to make the meat soft - takes about an hour and a half till the meat are soft and tender - and then add in the carrots and tomatoes. When the carrots are soft - it's done.

I heard it's more Caribbean or Jamaican if it has more water, and Arabic or East Indian if it was thicker...

No comments:

Post a Comment