Saturday, August 7, 2010

TENORI-ON - Video Session 080610

Here is the session video I did yesterday of the Tenori-On. Pretty awesome instrument as I am getting to know the gear little by little. I didn't change much of any of the sound samples here, most of it are bells and whistle sounds. So I went ahead and used what I knew from seeing other Tenori-On videos from YouTube and from the main Tenori-On website, where they show few demos on how to use it. I really like the different selections of operating the buttons when creating your tracks. It has Score Mode, Random Mode, Draw Mode, Bounce Mode, Push Mode, and Solo Mode. And I like them all. Much more to learn about this gear like layering and saving and what not. I am not really worried about sampling at the moment. Most of its built in samples are cool as it is for now. The only thing that sucks, is the recording part. When I try to record the tracks in real time through Logic Pro. That's when you know right away that sampling is one of the important key here. Everything else is cool. But as far as recording goes, either record them by a good quality microphone, or start with them cheaper or used but good condition compressors, limiters, and EQ racks, to maximized your recorded tracks. That's later project man. So far I am okay with the gear itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment