Thursday, January 21, 2010

Free TR-808 Samples

A day or two before the earthquake in Haiti there was a 4.1 earthquake and few little shock before that in the bay area. The local news says the center of the earthquake was in Milpitas City, just a few miles from the house. Today the clouds are making noises again for about 3 days now, there are loud thunders but I didn't notice any lightnings. Supposedly, there was this hardcore storm that was gonna blow away some roof tops, but that didn't happened today as expected.

And man, I was right about my optimism about the place where I got interviewed. What ever it was, my nightmares seemed to gone away. The memory when I was around 13 probably hunted me till then and forgot about the source of it. It is not very pleasant to see. The photographs I've seen sent from my folk's work looks so happy back then, and I didn't had any idea what was behind it. No, they didn't do any bad things, it just made me more realize what they had to see to make a living. Science is amazing man, and creepy at the same time. I mean if you are an artist and all, what people find as normal can creep you up sometimes. Well most of the time. I don't mean to point out anyone in a bad ways either, it's my own personal perspective on things, some people are stronger in the mind than others, just depends if they even notice them.

Anyways, I downloaded some TR-808 samples over the internet and load them up to my MPC. Made a simple sequence and it sounds pretty authentic enough. Added few jam to it with a synth and key strings. Trying to balance old school beat, retro, and classic into modern. It's a little out of jam but I will clean it up and perhaps make a full track out of it. Thanks to this site from The TR-808 Zone for their free samples.

No comments:

Post a Comment