Thursday, January 14, 2010

Making Noise 011310

Call it noise, industrial, experimental, but whatever it is, it feels really free to do it. Almost liberating. I didn't use any of the banks which I should do next time. If I use the banks, that would also be more like using field recorded samples, and then tweaked them up to make some noise. It's not just any noise either because anyone could just bang some pots and pans. I still need a microphone and perhaps speak in tongue to it. This method is not necessarily for attracting an audience, that would be something else, which is making music. Music meaning something orchestrated from scratch unto melodies, and I do that when the time is just right.



My prayers and thoughts also goes to the victims of 2010 Haiti Earthquake. Did you know that Haiti was once dictated by a Voodoo Doctor named Francois Duvalier. Based on the television news, Haitians really lack resources. In Haiti they use lots of concrete blocks, and cements more than woods. Not much local doctors, and nurses, even proper schooling programs, but they do have foreign volunteers.

Watching the news about Haiti makes me wanna volunteer, and to take advantage of doing photojournalism. And then I thought about the smell of death after the third day man. But I'll check on that later about certain volunteering for photojournalism. All I need is a descent honest portfolio and volunteering would be the best way to do it, if you can get in. Other than that, my fingers are crossed about my interview tomorrow, so far I seem to like the job and I want it. I am not too optimistic yet, but I will blog about what it is, if I get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment