Friday, July 2, 2010

Igorot Security Guard

I came across to this one dude. He asked if I was Filipino after another old filipino man pointed at me saying, "That security guard is filipino too." He asked where I am from and I said from the Ilocos. The man spoke to me in ilocano saying his from Bagui Philippines. We spoke in ilocano for awhile and I was impressed how similar our language were, even the way we pronounce words. Almost like being back from my old town in Ilocos (paoay). He says he was also a security guard in the Philippines for about 20 years, he then walked fast to his SUV to grab a couple of old 35mm photos of him and his buddies as security guards from the 70's.
2IMG_1003
His crew back in Bagui City Philippines.

By the way, Igorot are tribes of the mountains of Luzon. There are many different Igorot Tribes in Luzon.

2IMG_1005
He tells me, "Mangala ka iti paltug mo barok tapno ma secure iti riknam nga agpag-na pag-na..." But I told him that it's better not to carry guns around apartments or any residential areas, and it's not safe if I do carry any side arms. Plus if they see you in a none threatening manner with no arms, you are also be treated the same way. And the area is pretty peaceful. Well sometimes you get to asked some disrespectful or stupid questions by few people, specially kids. But those are things you expect from being a security guard. Some don't even want your service because of unemployment and other reasons. About being an armed guard, If I was in a mall, or some power plants, or any business environment buildings where there are mass lay offs, and protests going on, then that's when I would. At least a baton. And it pays a little better too, you just gotta take classes for some permits to be armed.

No comments:

Post a Comment