Sunday, October 30, 2011

Digitizing Old Film Videos

62742_1525993988279_1187521355_31389858_5925307_n

This project is done. It was done maybe 3 weeks ago. Maybe a month now. Capturing a bunch of VHS, Hi8-8mm, and MiniDV tapes, unto the digital era. Sometimes I still use the Hi8 just because I like how the video quality is. All I need to finish up too now are to continue scanning a bunch of old 35mm film photos, mostly from a shoe box and family photo albums that are falling apart. I was thinking, what if 2012 is really an accurate predictions from the incas calendar as a world's end. I just had to preserve them all man. From old films, to old 35mm photos. Just don't plan on placing me in a mental institution yet though.. because regardless to that, I really need to preserve them digitally, whenever possible.

Anyways, If you also wanted to preserve your old film videos digitally, I would recommend El Gato Video Capture. It's pretty easy to use. But only works on the latest Mac or PC.

Here is a sample video. It's been taken from a low light but it's vivid enough to watch them on my computer. They can be burned on DVDs too and then watch them on your HDTV and whatever. But to me, I intended them to be watched on my computer and on my iPhone, or to be uploaded in Facebook or Youtube.


Here is another sample of me playing Black Ops - Nazi Zombies. I haven't played this game lately so level 9 is the farthest I've been for this video. I'll post more later, to document my progress. Kinda dark, only because it's been uploaded online, and the game itself is dark. The original video is much clearer.

No comments:

Post a Comment