Thursday, February 5, 2009

Dubai

The back pain is gone. It was probably some bad air other than the way I sit.

My Mother was talking to a relative from the Philippines one time and I asked how they are doing. Sometimes there are other things I am concerned about, but that day, I wanted to know. Two relatives are living in Dubai. One from my father side and one from my mother side.

The one from my father side, is a youngster who took care of the house we left in the Philippines, he's a Landscaper specialty in Saint Merry Shrines. The house is not the best but we sent money from time to time to get it remodeled. My folks plan was to visit there often when they retire but my father never reached his retirement from his previous job. The caretaker later became a seaman and when he reached Dubai he work as a carpenter. His wife (my second cousin) moved to the country side and constructed their own house. The house we left behind isn't abandoned, I have another cousin living there.

The one on my mother side, I don't know much about. From what I was told, he is also in Dubai and his wife (my first causin) is in Hong-Kong. I still have to find out what she does in Hong-Kong. I know them creepy shit they do in asia sometimes but for sure she is in good hands.

Now, what is Dubai. And where is it at:




Due to the economic crises, some projects are on hold. Other than that, It sorta reminds me of what you read, heard, and seen illustrated about Atlantis. Lot's of Sky Scrapers and Hotels that are being built simultanously, lots of Amusements Parks, Man Made Islands that are shaped like Palm Trees, and Man Made Islands formed togethere like the world. Maybe they will be the first to have them flying cars around. These are different projects from different countries more of a United Countries or Nations rather than like the United States. Or the United Kingdom. Just to issue the location since Dubai is an Arab Country, Dubai is the world's project. In my opinion, when it comes down to comparison between the US and Dubai, there's no competition as far as Natural Landscapes goes, places like: Alaska, Hawaii, Colorado, Yosemite, San Andreas, or New York. Well maybe not New York.


Skyline


Palm Island - Jebel Ali


Palm Island - Jumairah


Palm Island - Deira


These are the three different Palms Islands:
Jebel Ali, Jumairah, and Deira


The World Islands


Being built by sands. The Arab world are rich with sand, so this is a smart way to take advantage of that. I wonder if they used sands to built them buildings and scrapers too. That would be like real life Sand Castles. It reminds you a bit of the game War Craft and Sim City on how they construct the Dubai City.

No comments:

Post a Comment