Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The I Ching

BaGuaSymbol
It's about a book. I read this once and while just to kill time as I also watch around my post in my off time. Pretty interesting, I am not a Buddhist, but I do like how they present their philosophies and meditation practices. Not in a religious manner depending on how you define religion is, to me religion is a daily practice or some sort, with some spiritual guidance and not to worship a god. But to be one with that godly source.

I never tried this my self, which is what your supposed to place on your altar. In modern Christianity, stones or any type of objects are forbidden because in the bible it says god is a jealous god and nothing should be worship before god (or him god). To me god is not a he or she only but many unto one all together. Again, this is not about worshiping, this is being with the element that is a part of godly creation.

The Altar
1. Spoon some cook brown rice into the center bowl. This bowl represents the infinite.
2. Small amount of spring water into the bowl on your left. This symbolize yin energy (dark).
3. Small amount of sea salt into the bowl on your right. This symbolize yang energy (light).
4. Decorate your altar with attractive assortment of small rocks and flowers that you found around your home.

How to Meditate
Empty your mind: let go of contents.
Make your mind no mind: get rid of all things.
Concentrate your mind: make it unmoving.
Pacify your mind: let there be no fear.
Make your mind tranquil: keep it from chaos.
Straighten your mind: get rid of the crooked.
Cleanse your mind: eradicate the foul.

To me, reading how to meditate itself while I was standing, already gave me some sort of physical peace. Perhaps that was the meditation part, other than like googling in your mobile phones. That too can be like meditation, just be careful what goes inside your mind...

No comments:

Post a Comment