Monday, March 30, 2009

4.3 Magnitude

For sure I thought the North Korean's delivered their missile here in California this morning. Turned out it was a 4.3 Magnitude earth quake that woke me up this morning. Or was it around afternoon. I think it was already noon. This is probably the 10th time I played STATIX - Playlist 02 over, which left me sleeping late last night. And still can't seem to find the right sample for my next track. As well as getting few ideas. The best samples are from albums with less or no drum beats at all. You pretty much do all the beats that goes along with the sample. Usually, tracks from the 70's like this dude named Boon Doc uses are the best ones to use. The thing is, they're way too common for me to sample. Mind as well visit few Record Stores for that.

I Am Robot And Proud is also in the Playlist. He did cool on "The Work" using Tenori-On. It has that bell sounds to it. If I would chose between Tenori-On and Motif ES Rack, I would definitely choose the Motif. You can always grab that Tenori-On bell sounds and sample that in MPC using 1/16 tempo.

4.3 Earthquake's FULL ARTICLE


Speaking of earthquakes, I won't ever forget the 6.9 magnitude quake of 1989. I was in the wrestling gym during my sophomore year in high school when it happened. The floor was moving like the ocean's wave. Most of the stop lights were all messed up like fallen trees after a big storm. When I got home, the electricity were off. And when the electricty was back on, I turned on the TV news, and learned that the aftermath was much more worse than the fallen stop lights.


A fortune message from a cookie last night. I've been in the Lab Cave for damn too long since moving in to this new room. And I do need to get back to Nature for a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment