Saturday, March 7, 2009

UFC 96

The UFC 96. All the fights are gonna be good. I can tell the 155s will be a lot of action - or I hope. I've seen footage of them heavyweights that are fighting tonight moves like middleweights or even lightweights so that should also be a good fight. The fights that really stands out to me are from these three matches right here:



Quinton Jackson Vs. Keith Jardine
205 Light Heavyweight


Matt Hamill Vs. Mark Munoz
205 Light Heavyweight


Brandon Vera Vs. Michael Patt
205 Light Heavyweight

Keith Jardine has some awkward unpredictable moves - more like an old drunken kung-fu master who swaggers around throwing punches and kicks. Jardine usually gets lucky where he lands his weird punches and kicks. If Rampage (Quinton Jackson) can watch out for them awkward moves, he might end up winning the fight. The kicks are something Rampage should watch out for. Rampage is more like a wolf who attacks but more cautious now about the Tranquilizer Dart. I notice that from his fights with Silva from Pride to the UFC.

Now about my fellow pinoy fighters, maan I can understand about the responsibilities and all that. Some are fortunate enough to have a passion and squeeze something out to feed their family. But this is a sport. Put that aside for now and get with the game. What I wanna see someday is to see these two 205 pounder fighters fight eachother in the future. Brandon Vera vs Mark Munoz. Unless someone changes their weight class.

Mark Monuz just need more experience to go toe to toe with "The Truth" Brandon Vera. Brandon's fights has been boring lately. And thats the truth! I don't know, maybe it's his weight. So far Monuz has a good start on his record. But to me, Monuz earned his record from fighters that weren't that good. Although he did made an excellent performance of showing his opponents that they weren't good fighters. Mark Monuz has a killer superman ground and pound technique. Monuz is fighting Matt Hamill tonight. And I have seen Matt Hamill fights like the dude has no clue what pain is. Matt Hamill in my opinion also has no problem defeating who Mark Monuz defeated. But if Monuz wins this, I think this is a big chance for him to fight Brandon Vera.

I don't know how close these two are, but I say Brandon "The Truth" Vera is going to win the fight against Michael Patt just to show Mark Monuz what damage he can do to a Shark in a Tank. Like a Tsunami in the Pacific Ocean or somethin'. You never know, Michael Patt might win or it might turned out a draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment