Tuesday, April 28, 2009

MPC 1000 - Session 042709


Les Filles De Paris. I have no idea what that means but I do know that it's French. It's a song by Paul Anka. My folks has Paul Anka in the list when singing karaoke, actually I think most middle-age Filipinos do. The dude is Middle Eastern and I always thought he was an Italian American. Like one of them drunk guys with Sinatra or Elvis like outfit singin' in Vegas and all. Anyway, I got this Record awhile back, maybe around 6 years ago. It was a present I believe but I forgot whose it was for, or perhaps it's the other way around and someone made a joke and gave me this as a present.

I played it again, and I notice that this album has a lot of tracks in it that are really worth sampling. It's an Essential Collection and it comes with 2 vinyl records. So I put it on for a little test yesterday, took one little sample and then chopped it up in my MPC, I'm still new to this MPC sequencing so it's a little off beat, more of a rough-draft. But I'm gonna try and push this a little forward, like maybe record more acoustic instruments using my R-09 field recorder or a microphone, and then load that up to my MPC. For sure Vinyls is a must or CDs for samplings. It's unlimited on what you can sample really, but sound quality is also an important key element of making tracks. Unfortunately, my MPC is a bit limited, for theres not enough memory to my 32MB Flash Card. I need at least 1GB to load up more samples, and space for some saved up sequences and programs. The Hard Drive needs an upgrade as well.

This is my first video choppin' up a record sample. Again, this is just a rough-draft and I am still going to change the beats and lay some other samples to it. And then do all the arrangements and finalization in Logic later. So don't throw any stones yet if you're already an expert. I disabled the star ratings for this video just incase.

No comments:

Post a Comment