Saturday, April 25, 2009

Turntable Scratching

I've thought about this before. And once and awhile I do it on my turntable but without the mixer as a fader. I've also played around to our family stereo record player (technics brand from the 80's) back when I wasn't doin' music. I do have a turntable but you can't really scratch on a ttUSB. My turntable is designed for getting less popping sounds when recording old vinyl records, and into cleaner MP3 datas. It's always cool to sample them scratch sounds on to your tracks though. It all depends on what kind of track your doing too, you just can't add scratching to every track you have. I was gonna get me either a QFO or Controller One both made by Vestax. And since it's only for scratching purposes, all I need really is one Turntable built for scratching (possibly a used one) and a Mixer (also a used one).

This here is DJ Qbert jamming on his own designed QFO, it has it's own built in Fader, and other features. Cool instrument. Built for scratching.


This here is Ruckazoid jamming on his own designed Controller One. Ruckazoid emerged from San Jose. What's cool about Controller One is that it has this built in synth like buttons. It ain't really a complete set like QFO for you still gotta get a Mixer for this. Maaan at first by watching this video, I thought you can sync Controler One to a synthesizer. But it was just the record that he was jamming with that sounded like it was sync to a synthesizer, which is a techno/electro record music. His basically juggling just like chopping a sample in an MPC. But it ain't that easy to do, for that takes some skills and years of practice. All depends on the individual on how soon they can master the art of turntablism.


I would probably find bargains for something like these here:

No comments:

Post a Comment