Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Graphics Supplies

I ain't done transferring all my stuff to the other room yet. Just the other day my family and I were just clearing out some of the stuff stored in the hallway cabinets. We needed the cabinets for other stuff but I am going to transfer my stuff to a much more secure place. Most of them were my old stuff from my High School and Community College days. I was sorta surprised how some of my graphics supplies were well preserved: Prismacolor Pencils, Charcoals, Watercolor Paints, Rapidograph Pens (the rest of my rapidograph pens were borrowed by an old friend named Johnen Vasquez - the dude never gave them back, but is cool - it's amazing how some of his works evolved to become well known in the comic book industry today - his also the creator of the nickelodeon cartoon series titled Invader Zim), and etc. There's no reason to play the violin here, because I chose not to do this professionally, one thing for sure I was sorta tired of people asking favors to make them art works for free... lol! I did work as a graphic artist to some Clip Art company, but I had other Ideas then. And that Idea somewhat faded away and forgotten, and so on. Sometimes I do make some sketches like for making notes and stuff, and it actually looks more well rounded than before.



Here are two samples of what I did back in High School. A pointillism style using pen & ink medium. They were for a Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. district poster, both won grand price through out the district, one from my softmore year and the other from my senior year - I used the last reward for my first SLR camera.


This is the first one.


This is the second one.

Inauguration. Today is the day for the man. And maaan I wish I be there to take some pictures in Washington DC. That's good History right there...

No comments:

Post a Comment