Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Oscar Grant - Bart Police Shooting

I feel really bad for Oscar Grant and his family for him getting shot and murdered by a police officer on the New Years of 2009, at a Bart Station in Oakland. I think it was the layering of Oscar Grant's clothing that made the officer panic. They probably struggled to get his both hands detained - and Oscar Grant was afraid of getting beat down by batons like they did to Rodney King. So he was also in a panic mode. Anyone that are constantly program to think that anything that might resemble hip-hop is a sign of a threat should learn the basics of identifying urban characteristics. But then you never know man, all them movies that are shown about the lifestyles of famous hip-hop artist, police officers also watch them with their buddies in weekends. Officers should be more cautious and specific about the differences and locations. There are real thugs, wannabes, fashion statements, and real hip-hoppers. You can even tell if they were urban undercover cops sometimes because their urban stereo types looks whack. Sometimes hip-hoppers do carry weapons like most bay-area hip-hoppers do. You even see them posing in Myspace and all that. See, it is hard to tell sometimes. Here is the footage from the Local News:



Taser Gun should of been used instead - but again, the current Taser Guns that officers carries can also kill. Like this one dude that was killed by a Taser Gun in an airport at Vancouver Canada when the police mistakenly thought the stapler he was holding was a real weapon. Turned out he was a Polish man that spoke no English and came to Vancouver to see his mother but was lost in the airport for hours, which lead him to his frustrations. His blood pressure looked way too high and the shock from the Taser Gun was probably the cause of his death. I don't understand about the beating afterwards when he was already detained. They should of used the stuff they use on Rhinos that lowers the blood pressure. In the other hand, from watching the video closer I don't think it was the Taser Gun that killed the man. Here is the footage of Mr.Robert Dziekanski who died from the Taser Gun.



Speaking of security, I took my test today to become one. There were other dudes with me that took the test, two Ethiopians or Somalis, one of them thought my name was Abdullah which was weird because Abdullah Mujahid Rashad is my Counter-Strike screen name if I play the terrorist side. These two were Ethiopians for sure because of the food this one guy eating during lunch, one big heavy Latino that works as a security guard at a college campus, one Asian dude that claimed to be from Tibet <-- this dude was playing dumb at first but he did real good on the test, and one white kid with an Arian all black ink Celtic Cross tattoos on both arms. I suspected they were already security guards taking the test for a guard card renewal. Daamn man, I forgot my glasses, I had to hear the instructor read the questions and answers on the boards during lectures. I still have to get my finger prints and wait for the guard card to be sent to me. My fingers are crossed in hoping of finding a place to work as security guard. And still a hippie at heart no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment